About Me

My photo
This site is for all students of English as a Foreign Language at the Piedralaves E.O.I.

Friday, December 9, 2011

BE: THE PRESENT SIMPLE

Fill in the gaps with the right form of the verb BE. Answers at the bottom of the page (don't look at them before you do this exercise!)


e.g.  I am a student from England. 

 My parents are not (not) rich.



1. I´m Paolo and this is Federico.  We ………………… from Italy. 
2. My father  ……………….. a teacher. 
3. How ………………….. you?  Fine,  thanks. 
4. My little brother ………………… two. 
5. New York ………………… (not) in England.   It ……………. in America.
6. I ……………… Janet and this ……………….. my friend Bill. 
7. They  ……………………. students. 
8. My mother  …………………. (not) Spanish. 
9. It   …………………….. very hot in Brazil. 
10. She ………………………… from America. 
11. They ……………….. (not) at home.  They …………… at the theatre. 
12. It ………………………. six o´clock.   We …………….. late. 
13. …………………. you a footballer?  Yes, I …………………. .
14. ………………….. he French or German?   He ……………….. (not) French, he ……….. German.

From Grammar Spectrum 1, by Ken Paterson, O.U.P







KEY 

1. I´m Paolo and this is Federico.  We are from Italy.
2. My father is a teacher.
3. How are you?  Fine,  thanks.
4. My little brother is two.
5. New York is not in England.   It is in America
6. I am Janet and this is my friend Bill.
7. They are students.
8. My mother  is not Spanish.
9. It is very hot in Brazil.
10. She is from America.
11. They are not at home.  They are at the theatre.
12. It is six o´clock.   We are late.
13. Are you a footballer?  Yes, I am
14. Is he French or German?   He is not French, he is German.

No comments:

Post a Comment