About Me

My photo
This site is for all students of English as a Foreign Language at the Piedralaves E.O.I.

Friday, December 9, 2011

PRICES

Click HERE  and listen to these three conversations and write the prices of the different items.


a) The dictionary: …………………………………
b) The blue pen: …………………………………
c) The black pen: …………………………………
d) The cassettes: …………………………………
e) The batteries: …………………………………


Listen again and complete the gaps with the words you hear.

Conversation 1 

A. Good morning.
B. Good morning. Can I help you?
A. Yes, I ………………………………… a dictionary.
B. An ………………………………… dictionary?
A. A ………………………………… -English dictionary.
B. This one is …………………………………
A. OK. I´ll ………………………………… it.

Conversation 2

A. Yes, can I ………………………………… you?
B. Yes, ………………………………… a pen.
A. Blue ………………………………… black?
B. How much ………………………………… the blue pen?
A. ………………………………… dollar.
B. And the black one?
A. …………………………………
B. ………………………………… the blue one.

Conversation 3 

A. Good afternoon.
B. Good …………………………………
A. How much ………………………………… the cassettes?
B. Three for …………………………………
A. ………………………………… six, then.
B. That´s $10.00.







TAPESCRIPT 

Conversation 1

A. Good morning.
B. Good morning. Can I help you?
A. Yes, I want a dictionary.
B. An English dictionary?
A. A French -English dictionary.
B. This one is £8.45.
A. OK. I´ll take it.

Conversation 2 

A. Yes, can I help you?
B. Yes, I want a pen.
A. Blue or black?
B. How much is the blue pen?
A. One dollar.
B. And the black one?
A. 85 cents.
B. I´ll take the blue one.

Conversation 3

A. Good afternoon.
B. Good afternoon.
A. How much are the cassettes?
B. Three for five dollars.
A. I´ll take six, then.
B. That´s $10.00.
(pause)
A. Anything else?
B. Do you have batteries?
A. Yes.
B. How much are they?
A. $2.25 for a pack of four.
B. OK. A pack of four, please.
A. That´s $12.25 altogether.




KEY 

a) The dictionary: £8.45
b) The blue pen: $1.00
c) The black pen: 85 cents
d) The cassettes: 3 for $5.00
e) The batteries: 4 for $2.25.

From Highlight Beginner, Scott Thurnbury, Heinemann, p. 16. 

No comments:

Post a Comment