About Me

My photo
This site is for all students of English as a Foreign Language at the Piedralaves E.O.I.

Monday, May 21, 2012

George and Winifred Seymour



Read the text and complete the chart below with a word from the list you have after the text. Every word can only be used ONCE. There are some words that you do not need to use. Question 0 has been answered as an example.  Key at the bottom!!!

George and Winifred Seymour

George and Winifred Seymour (0) _have__  just won the prize for being the couple with the (1) ______ marriage in Britain. The couple have been married for more (2) ______ 80 years. They (3) ______ when they were teenagers and married in 1920 when George (4) ______ 16 and his girlfriend, Winifred, 17.
The couple have four children, nine grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren. They have lived in the same village for all of their married life and have never travelled (5) ______. Mr Seymour said, ‘We've (6) ______ to London three times and we went to Birmingham to see my sister once.' His wife added, 'I've never liked trips, I like (7) ______ at home with my family around me. I've never wanted to go very (8) ______.'
Their oldest son, Bertie, 79, said, ‘It's great to see them still alive and so happy together after all (9) ______ years. They have enjoyed good health all their lives: my father worked on a farm all his life and my mother has always worked (10) ______ in the home. They have never smoked and they haven't had (11) ______ wine or beer in their lives. (12) ______ Sunday we are going to give them a great party! A lot of people (13) ______ coming for this celebration. First we are going to church and (14) ______ we are going to have a meal at a hotel.’
Our reporter asked Mrs Seymour what she liked about her marriage and she said, 'I've been very lucky. I saw George was (15) ______ unique man. He was my (16) ______ boyfriend and we've had a very happy marriage.’


A      ARE     HAVE      MET      THAT         ABROAD         BE         HARD         ON         THE       AFTER           BEEN          IS         ONLY        THEN          AN           BEING          KNEW       OLDEST       THESE          ANY       FAR         LONGEST         THAN         WAS






KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY-KEY


1. LONGEST
2. THAN
3. MET
4. WAS
5. ABROAD
6. BEEN
7. BEING
8. FAR
9. THESE
10. HARD
11. ANY
12. ON
13. ARE
14. THEN
15. A
16. ONLY







No comments:

Post a Comment